The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ to 7 years of experience
- Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
- Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Full responsibility for leading the technical development and day-to-day operations of the website. Responsible for managing and leading development efforts, scaling a consumer focused web business, managing the back end and front end.
This is a startup website; an opportunity for you to build it from the ground … up. Equity will be offered to key candidates. Candidate must be well experienced in Ruby on Rails.
Parent company is a fast growing organization branching out into a new segment … launching a direct to consumer online business.
We are looking for a top-notch Sr. Software Engineer to take the lead driving this new business to success, with the support and resources of the parent organization.
Working in the Denver office, you'll find yourself in a dynamic work environment and part of a brilliant, young team of entrepreneurially driven talent. Everyone is given the freedom to do what they do best. Creativity and talent are rewarded.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is a true self starter to make a huge contribution to the development and success of a new online business. You will be operating in a highly entrepreneurial role, but with the support, resources and knowledge of the parent organization.
- Manage and lead technical development of the complete web stack.
- Work with the owners to provide input and direction on features and functionality … and then implementing them.
- Responsible for hosting, management of backups, scalability, etc.
- Start up mentality (start-up experience preferred)
- 3+ years web / software development experience
- MySQL and experience with LAMP or other stack preferred
- Experience with search server technology (e.g. Solr, Lucene) a plus
- Experience with web analytics package such as Google Analytics ideal
- An understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with high volume consumer web systems a major plus