Our client is a well-established, global manufacturer of medical devices with special emphasis on cardiovascular products.
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for technical support to our client's customers with clinical information systems. This will encompass configuration and set up of systems at customer sites, supporting clinical group in training of customers, troubleshooting hardware issues and software issues, responding to customer calls and emails with product questions.
- Full Time Permanent Position
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Minimum Experience; 4 years database exp
KEY OBJECTIVES and DELIVERABLES:
- Maintain and follow proper compliance and quality systems requirements.
- Configuration and support of new installations
- Install software and hardware at clinical sites, in conjunction with Clinical Support staff, for new customers as well as trials for potential customers
- Interface with clinical IT systems, as required
- Test and record proper performance of new systems
- Track evidence of improper performance, or error messages and other technical information, to be sent back to quality engineering group at head office.
- Develop relationship with clinical, biomed and IT contacts for later responses when questions are asked about how to optimize performance.
- Ensure systems are properly running before hand-over to customer.
- Support for existing customers
- Respond to customer queries about clinical information systems
- Provide telephone and email trouble-shooting solutions to customers' problems
- Record incident reports from customers in complaint and service databases
- Provide detailed instructions to help customers resolve problems at remote sites
- Develop and publish technical bulletins appropriate to customer base and other tech support personnel
- Work with internal technical groups to provide direct customer experience and feedback to ensure product improvements.
- Deploy and install upgrades and software patches in controlled manner, with special regard to regulatory compliance.
- Log customer incidents in appropriate complaint and service databases.
MINIMUM CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor Degree or 8 years equivalent experience
Minimum of 4 years experience in supporting information systems or similar applications
Must have experience with database applications
Must have worked in a customer environment with strict controls such a hospital or military establishment.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES:
- Well developed writing/editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct training