Well established global medical device industry leader. This permanent full time position is offered at their Midwest location.
The Supplier Development Engineer will lead highly visible, strategic improvement projects that will define and improve process stability by using lean strategies to increase supply chain performance through waste removal, lead-time reductions and quality and delivery performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Create the lean vision, provide overall lean leadership and implement the lean strategy with key suppliers to reduce inventory, lead-time and waste to specific value streams.
* Partner with company leaders to define the key value streams that will have the greatest impact on the business.
* Map business processes, gather Voice of Customer, identify Critical to Quality characteristics (CTQs) and establish metrics; lead cross-functional project teams and use DMAIC, LEAN and Kaizen techniques for process improvement and simplification.
* Conduct training and mentor procurement category leaders and suppliers to promote the use of lean tools and methodology.
* Partner with manufacturing, quality, regulatory and other functional leaders to establish supplier lean priorities and objectives to meet targets aligned with all GBU goals.
* Develop dashboards to track and communicate progress, status and issues to champions and business leaders; proactively engage champions and key stakeholders to ensure project success.
* Serve as change agent by stimulating, communicating and institutionalizing breakthrough process improvement.
* Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify common failure modes and process improvement projects to prevent/minimize future issues.
* Leverage, share and institutionalize best practices across S&N
Required Experience & Skills:
* Strong PC application skills and/or knowledge of various software packages a must.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field plus a minimum of 5 years in Project Management or Process Re-engineering.
* Lean or Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (or equivalent)
* Minimum 3 years of experience in lean systems and six sigma integration, ideally experience leading lean transformation with at least 2 companies preferred
* Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
* Demonstrated solid performance, leadership and experience in lean, with preference in machining, packaging or electronics operations.
* Ability to work in a matrix environment
* Ability to motivate teams and lead change at all levels of the organization
* Proven experience in influencing, leading teams and driving change results orientation
* Outstanding analytical, logical and critical thinking skills
* Demonstrated customer centric mindset; previous commercial experience in customer-facing role preferred
* Excellent communication, facilitation, negotiation, and presentation skills; self-motivated with ability to motivate others
* Strong statistical skills