Established in 1977, this organization has developed a strong market presence as a reliable provider of advanced TV broadcasting and signal transport equipment. Well known in the Latin American market as a prominent manufacturer of TV Transmitters in countries ranging from Mexico to Argentina, including Brazil. The company’s line of equipment includes VHF and UHF TV transmitters from 10W to 15000W, as well as analog and digital microwave systems. Responsible for having manufactured and installed over 28,000 forms of equipment in more than 40 countries.
Leader and hands-on contributor of a dynamic team responsible for the final test and performance check out of company line. This position will involve the oversight and management of a highly skilled technical team responsible for, but not limited to, the operation, preventative maintenance and repair of transmitting equipment. This position is located at the organization’s US Headquarters, located in the northwest Chicago suburbs, reporting directly to the President of the company.
- Manage the evaluation, test and analysis of advanced VHF/UHF TV transmitters and systems.
- Oversee on-site and remote engineering support and guidance to associates and/or customers in the field to ensure technical quality of picture and sound for network local channeling programming.
- Identify and/or report key customer impact issues to upper management. Work quickly with client engineering staff to achieve problem resolution via appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure transmitters are tested and operate in compliance with all FCC technical rules, recommendations and regulations.
- Manage project timelines and engineering team in order to successfully execute overall task plan and meet established deadlines.
- Create, instigate and manage system test procedures and plans.
- Review and create online and written technical documentation.
- Supervision of on-site engineering and technical staff.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related engineering /technical degree
- 5-10 years experience in broadcasting ... HD transmission of television signals.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, skills, techniques and practices applied to the state of the art HD TV systems.
- RF Broadcast technology experience
- Strong technical experience with HF Broadcast transmission equipment
- Ability to design and install broadcast systems
- Expertise in instrument calibration and testing procedures:
- Design/refine bench tests
- Analyze test engineering notes to assist in problem resolution
- Experience with HD Transmission Equipment OEM or senior engineer with top market TV Broadcaster preferred
- Proficient with MS Office